Need IV Sedation Dentistry near Mission Viejo, Orange County, CA?
Everyone needs to visit the dentist, but the task is easier said than done for many. When the fear and anxiety is too much to handle, sedation dentistry should be considered. IV sedation dentistry is one of the more popular options available. IV sedation is administered intravenously, allowing the sedatives to be quickly introduced to the patient’s system, and adjusted just as quickly on an as needed basis.
The Benefits of IV Sedation
All forms of sedation dentistry have their benefits. The primary benefits of IV sedation dentistry include:
- A higher level of sedation in comparison to oral and inhalation sedation.
- IV sedation works much quicker, since medications are introduced intravenously. In contrast, oral sedatives can take more than an hour in some instances to take effect.
- Patients who use IV sedation reporter quicker recovery times to the sedation that that of other methods.
- Amnesia is a common side of IV sedation medications, so the dental procedures are typically remembered.
- Patients remain conscious during and after the administration of IV-introduced sedatives, making it a better alternative to that of general anesthesia.
If you have fears of going to the dentist, IV sedation may be need what you need to get through it. Schedule your IV sedation appointment with Kurt Schneider, DDS of Mission Viejo, CA and we’ll be happy to help take care of your oral health needs.
Request a Consultation with Kurt Schneider DDS, Our Award-Winning Dentist
Get in Touch
Whether you have a question, a dental issue, or just want to schedule your yearly appointment, our team is available to assist. Please feel free to call, email, or reach out to us in whichever method you find most convenient. We look forward to assisting you with all your dental needs!