Single Dental Implants
Need Single Dental Implants near Mission Viejo, Orange County, CA?
Missing teeth can not only be embarrassing, but it can also cause serious problems within your mouth if left untreated. Below are some of the more common reasons why someone might lose a tooth:
- Tooth decay from lack of proper dental hygiene, which is related to gingivitis. After time, the teeth can become loose and fall out, and in worst case scenarios, may require surgical extraction from a dentist.
- Blunt trauma to the mouth.
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder can cause tooth loss due to the strain placed on your teeth.
What Are the Symptoms of Missing Teeth?
Many people experience moderate to severe pain in their mouth when they lose a tooth. But the damage from missing a tooth can continue to haunt you in other ways. As you may be well aware, once an adult tooth is lost, it does not grow back. Below are some of the problems that can occur from not addressing a missing tooth:
- Pain and/or sensitivity in the jawbone or gum.
- Problems with being able to eat food, properly speak, and perform other activities that require your mouth.
- Misalignment of teeth that can result in difficulty with biting or closing your mouth.
- The overall structure of your mouth can be affected, which can result in additional loss of teeth or other injuries that can worse in time.
Replace Missing Teeth with a Single Dental Implant
There are various options available when it comes to replacing missing teeth. One of the more popular options chosen nowadays is a single dental implant, which consists of a dental implant being surgically implanted into your jawbone. Over the course of two to six months, the implant and bone will bond to one another, forming an anchor for the artificial tooth. A temporary tooth is typically affixed during this process to accommodate as a replacement for the missing tooth.
Once the implant has fully bonded with the jawbone, usually an additional procedure needs to be performed to help uncover the implant and attach an extension to the initial implant. This acts as the foundation for which the new tooth will be placed. After a couple of weeks, your gums should be healed enough to allow for a custom molded crown to be affixed to your dental implant. This method works well for replacing any of your missing teeth.
If you are missing teeth and looking for an experienced dentist to install a single dental implant near Mission Viejo, CA, Kurt Schneider, DDS can help. We have assisted hundreds, if not thousands, of individuals with replacing their missing teeth using single dental implants and are ready to help you restore your smile and confidence.